The visible results of skin ageing
As noted above, skin ageing can be heavily influenced by our environment and lifestyle. The effects of these factors can manifest in a number of ways that accelerate skin ageing, including:
- Skin’s oxygen levels can become depleted, which leads to a dull, tired appearance
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin
So, how can we turn back the clock to minimise visible skin ageing?It sounds simple, but the easiest way to do this is to protect your skin from negative environmental factors. This means no more dehydrated days or late nights! It’s important to treat your entire body right, from the inside out, to help minimise the effects of skin ageing over time. Some ways to do this are:
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours per night).
- Drink more water. Yes, the 8 glasses a day recommendation is imperative!
- Minimise overprocessed food, which can lead to dull skin.
- Use SPF daily – even when it’s cloudy. Sunscreen use is key in protecting skin from exposure to environmental pollution and harmful UV rays, which can lead to hyperpigmentation, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
It’s time to get proactive with your skin care
The right skin care products can go a long way in turning back the clock on skin ageing. Phyto Nature formulas combat the negative effects of our environment and lifestyle by addressing the damage that leads to premature skin ageing. These innovative firming and lifting formulas utilise rare and premium actives to reawaken the nature of younger- looking skin, reduce visible signs of skin ageing, and defend against future damage.
Start with a serum
Phyto Nature Firming Serum is clinically proven to give 4 years back by reducing the appearance of premature wrinkles. This combination of two serums in one works quickly and over time to flash-firm, lift, and revitalise skin while also reinforcing its defences against the damage that drives premature skin ageing. Its clinically proven to double skin’s luminosity and minimise the appearance of fine lines after just 1 application and reduce visible wrinkles in 4 weeks.
- Sapphire-bound biomimetic peptides help firm skin and reinforce skin’s defences.
- Sustainably sourced Amazonian Camu Camu from Peru helps prolong radiance.
- Caffeic Acid from Madagascar Green Coffee Bean is a phyto-active that works with skin’s microbiome to help revitalise skin and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
don’t skip the moisturiser
Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream breathes new life into ageing skin. Its clinically proven to give 4 years back by reducing the appearance of premature wrinkles – and skin looks firmer and more lifted after 1 week of use. This firming and lifting liquid moisturiser is formulated with hydrating, oxygen-optimising phytoactives to help skin better absorb and utilise oxygen—firming, revitalising, and plumping as it oxygenates to leave skin looking smooth and strong.
- Ligustrum Lucidum seed, Glycogen, and Nasturtium Flower optimise skin’s oxygenation process to firm and energise.
- Adaptogenic Astragalus smooths and tightens, while Squalane and Luffa Root firm.
- Antioxidant-rich Rose of Winter soothes and boosts skin’s resilience.
Want to learn more about which skin care products are right for you?
Visit your local Dermalogica skin therapist for a completely customised regimen.