cruelty-free + certified vegan
We are recognised cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Leaping Bunny. We are certified vegan on all but 3 of our products.*
*Sheer Tint SPF20, Skin Perfect Primer SPF30, and MultiVitamin Power Serum.
no artificial colours or fragrances
We have been clean since 1986. Our formulas are free of artificial colours and fragrances, mineral oil, lanolin, S.D. alcohol, parabens and microplastics.
Going forward, all paper and cartons we use are FSC certified to be sustainable for forests.
manufactured in california
Our formulae are all manufactured in California, which boasts some of the world’s strongest environmental and consumer protections.
by 2025 dermalogica will meet or surpass the following sustainability goals:
- 90% of our ingredients will be sustainably sourced*
- 100% of our tubes, bottles, and boxes will be designed to be reused, recycled, and/or composted
- The majority of the plastic in our packaging will be derived from recycled material or plant-based material**
- We’ll partner primarily with suppliers who monitor and manage their carbon footprint***
Our Clear Start sub-brand will also meet or surpass these Healthy Skin, Healthy Planet targets by 2025.
* 90% of our ingredients, by mass, will be determined sustainable by certification and/or other supporting data. For ingredients with no existing certification practices, we will seek secondary documentation proving sustainable credentials.
** 51% or more of packaging plastic, by mass, will be derived from recycled plastic or plant-based materials.
***All partners and vendors will be asked to provide evidence of their carbon footprint management practices.