There are a lot of skin care serums out there, and many have overlapping benefits. To help you choose the right Dermalogica serum, consult this guide from our skin health experts.
Select a top concern to find out which product is right for you.
BREAKOUTS + AGEING
LACK OF TONE
NECK + DECOLLETE
Kick-start skin’s hydration cycle: Circular Hydration Serum immediately floods skin with hydration, replenishes from within, and helps prevent future hydration evaporation.
- Immediately hydrates to quench dehydrated skin
- Delivers long-lasting hydration to help prevent future dehydration
- Replenishes skin from within
With a high-dose 3.5% retinoid complex use Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum to easily reduce the four signs of skin ageing in just 2 weeks.
- Reverses the appearance on wrinkles
- Retexturises skin
- Minimises the appearance of pores
- Evens out skin tone
That would be BioLumin-C Serum! This brightening Vitamin C serum outperforms the competition by delivering three times more Vitamin C to skin.
- Exfoliates and reduces unbalanced pigmentation
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Prevents and corrects free radical damage
Breakouts + Ageing
Clear breakouts and related signs of skin ageing simultaneously by using a 2-in-1 solution like AGE Bright Clearing Serum.
- Exfoliates to help prevent breakouts and accelerate cell turnover
- Boosts skin radiance in 1 week
- Reduces the appearance of breakouts and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in 4 weeks
Retinol Clearing Oil is a high-performance night oil that combines Retinol and Salicylic Acid into one skin-soothing formula that exfoliates to help prevent breakouts and accelerate cell turnover.
- Targets breakouts and visible signs of premature skin ageing at the same time
- Renews and soothes skin overnight
- Delivers clearer, more vibrant skin by morning
Use PowerBright Dark Spot Serum, a potent hyperpigmentation-fading serum that starts fading the appearance of dark spots within days.
- Fades dark spots in just days
- Helps prevent future dark spots
- Brightens and boosts skin’s natural luminosity
Our top choice is UltraCalming Serum Concentrate, the ultimate antidote for sensitive skin. This super-concentrated gel is packed with skin soothing ingredients.
- Helps calm and prevent flare-ups, itching and redness
- Helps restore sensitised skin – great after non-invasive cosmetic procedures!
- Features our exclusive UltraCalming Complex
Lack of tone
Our top choice for firming and toning is Phyto-Nature Firming Serum.
- Doubles skin’s luminosity after just 1 application
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines after just 1 application
- Reduces visible wrinkles in 4 weeks
Neck + Decollete
Don’t neglect your neck: Neck Fit Contour Serum gives the neck and decollete a skin care workout.
- Smooths and firms the skin on the neck and decollete
- Immediately tightens skin, and tones it over time, for a visibly lifted and sculpted appearance.
What is a serum anyway?
Skin care serums are topical treatments that target specific skin concerns. They are usually applied after cleansing and/or exfoliating, but before facial oils or moisturisers, for the best results. Facial oils and moisturisers can create a protective barrier that prevents serums from absorbing into your skin surface, which is why serums should go on first. You can apply one serum or layer different serums on top of one another to treat different concerns.
How do I layer serums?
Apply your serums from lightest texture to heaviest texture. If you are unsure whether it is OK to layer your serums, ask a Dermalogica skin therapist.
Want to learn more about which targeted treatments fit into your skincare routine? Visit your local Dermalogica skin therapist for a completely customised regimen.