3 minutes read
When it comes to departing for sunny skies, the beach or a staycation, do you have your skincare travel essentials at the ready? Just because you’re on holiday doesn’t mean you should take a break from looking after your skin! In fact, it’s best to take extra precautions during your trip since being in a new environment can stress your skin out. Depending where you’re going on your travels and how long you are going for will really determine the skincare products you pack. Read on to find out our top tips for packing your skincare travel essentials and our go to products to keep your skin feel hydrated, glowing and protected.
When travelling, we may be faced with many skin changes and this could be down to things such as weather and humidity changes, air quality, eating different foods, stress, and dehydration. With our skin being the largest organ of the body that provides protection against external damage we need to ensure that we are looking after our skin properly.
SPF will be your best friend on holiday. Other than protecting your skin from burning, SPF helps block UVA rays that speed up the process of skin aging. To learn more about the importance of why you need SPF click here to watch our Expert, Victoria answer the most common questions when it comes to using an SPF in your skincare routine.
Top products to choose when travelling
Precleanse will thoroughly melt away layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof make-up, environmental pollutants, and residual products that build up on skin throughout the day.
Special Cleansing Gel will wash away impurities without stripping or drying the skin whilst calming agents help soothe and purify skin.
Multi Active Toner is a light, facial spritz toner that hydrates and refreshes.
Smart Response Serum manages four skin conditions at once. Brightens, soothes, hydrates and firms. Micromanages your skin so you don’t have to.
Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 will help to minimise the appearance of skin ageing. This is a medium-weight, emollient daily moisturiser with Broad Spectrum SPF50. Active sunscreens protect against UVA and UVB rays.
Protection 50 Sport SPF 50 is a lightweight, water-resistant (80 minutes), broad spectrum sun protection. This is great for face, body, sports, sweating and all the family.
Did you know that we also have skin kits and travel size products available? Our skin kits contain a full regimen of what your skin needs most, and our travel sizes allow you to scale back the weight, without the need to sacrifice any of your must-have items.
Our pro skin tips when traveling
- Make sure you take extra care when out in the sunshine and that you are using a minimum of SPF 30.
- Re-apply your SPF every two hours, or even more frequently if you are going in water.
- Take extra precaution and seek shade when the sun is at its strongest and cover up with suitable clothing and sunglasses to prevent skin burning.
- Remember that UV rays bounce off surfaces like snow and water, so even if it’s cold and sunny, your skin is still susceptible to damage.
- Go light on the makeup. Wearing makeup can clog your pores, so it’s best to give your skin a break. If you don’t feel comfortable to go bare faced you can opt for Skin Perfect Primer SPF 30 which has a silky feel and gives you a neutral tint.
- Hydration is a must! Spritzing your skin with Multi Active Toner will lock in moisture and hydrate. If you feel you need extra hydration whilst away, Calm Water Gel is a refreshing gel moisturiser that transforms into a skin-quenching fluid upon application, forming a weightless barrier against environmental assault.
Click here to find out more top tips on how to look after your skin in the sun.
When returning from your break away why not book in with one of our qualified skin therapists and Dermalogica experts for a detailed consultation and experience Face Mapping skin analysis to keep your skin on track. Click here to book.